(b) Configure NAT, perform IP re-addressing activities.
(c) Execute provided work orders containing instructions to configure network hardware and software.
(d) General knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
(e) Investigate and implement physical and logical communications networks.
(f) Know how to engage Cisco TAC for trouble resolution.
(g) Perform level one diagnostic tests & procedures.
(h) Perform router/switch network hardware/software upgrades.
(i) Prepare schematics to define and illustrate network design solutions using Visio
(j) Work with customer technical teams to provide solutions for customers' internetworking communications requirements.
High Level Functions:
- Prepare moderate to complex network designs/schematics to address specific customer network solution requirements
- Prepare work orders containing instructions to be used by technicians to configure network hardware and software
- Work with customer technical teams to provide solutions for customers' internetworking communications requirements
- Configure WAN/ LAN/ WLAN equipment in a complex environment
- Troubleshoot WAN/ LAN/ WLAN network issues
- Document Incident management tickets
- Troubleshoot non-documented customer equipment issues
- Possess solid understanding of networking technologies including (but not limited to) Network accelerators, Firewalls, Load Balancers (minimal exposure)
- Leverage ITIL processes that specifically include Incident, Change and Problem management
- Support router/ switch network hardware/ software upgrade - A graduate of Computer Science, Information Technology or other relevant fields
- CISCO certification at CCNA level is required
- Knowledge of a wide number of routing protocols and transport technologies including but not limited to BGP, EIGRP, RIP,IPVPN, MPLS, FR, ATM
- Preferred skills are knowledge in OSPF, IPSEC, Firewall,SDWAN, Nexus, Voice,WLAN