At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Service Availability Manager identifies and drives implementation of changes that address pervasive availability issues for the client.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible that Contract System / Service Availability SLAs are met / exceeded.
- Ensure that all the existing services deliver the levels of availability agreed upon with the business in SLAs.
- Use information about problems and incidents to analyze availability challenges and eliminate chronic issues.
- Optimize the availability of IT infrastructure, systems, and services to meet the commitments IBM has made to its clients in a cost-effective manner.
- Lead Availability Management activities and process on the account.
- Assure that services and components are designed and delivered to meet their availability targets.
- Reasonable Technical skillset to understand the architecture and deep knowledge of customer environment.
- Provide a holistic view of the customer’s environment and make recommendations to improve overall service.
- Promote monitoring systems to enable speedy detection and remediation of potential and actual IT failures.
- Proactively identify cost-effective availability improvements within an availability plan.
- Assist in investigation & diagnosis of all the Major Incidents & associated Problems that may cause availability issues or unavailability of the services or components.
- Monitoring of actual IT Availability achieved against SLA targets and to provide a range of IT Availability reporting to ensure that agreed upon levels of availability, reliability and maintainability are measured and monitored on an ongoing basis.
- Proactively improving the availability wherever possible and optimizing the availability of the IT Infrastructure to delivery cost effective improvements that deliver tangible benefits to the business.
- Creating, maintaining, and regularly reviewing a forward-looking Availability Plan.
- Assessing critical changes for their impact on all aspect of Availability.
- Join Account team meetings where DPE, SILs and others are invited to review past trends on availability and review future design of any new upcoming systems from availability standpoint.
- Participate in IBM & Client Meetings where Service Levels discussions are performed impacting systems availability.
- Enable Account CPE / DPE / CA / SIL with appropriate reports indicating week on week posture of Service Availability.
- Provide inputs to DPE for CDP preparation for the information related to past trends and future targets for systems availability.
- Review & Manage Risk which has the potential to impact the Service Availability & SLAs.
- Collaborate with DPE, SIL & CA to look for ways to improve Service Availability through innovation and automation. Help account to reduce to cost on high availability of systems.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
At least 3 years of experience with:
- Microsoft Office – Advanced Skills
- ITIL Certification – Expert/Master, Communication Skills
- Good Analytical Skills, Good Business Writing Skills
- Persuasion Skills and Tenacity
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Amenable to work on a client-based schedule (dayshift/midshift) in IBM client site (Makati City) as required.
- You should at least have a Bachelor’s/College Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering (Computer/Telecommunication) or equivalent.